Welcome to Parrot Farm .We can make the arrangements for you to have your bird on a next or same-day delivery. The bird will be shipped to the closest airport near you or hand-delivered to your home. Delivery prices are per county, region, or country. In most cases, the bird will arrive within 5-8 hours within the US and 72 hours max international delivery from the departure time. However, sometimes delays do occur due to weather or bird checking, so check the flight with the airline before you leave your home to go to the airport.
General airline Requirements
- The bird must be at least 10 weeks.
- Must be accompanied by a veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate
- Some airlines have restrictions for temperature and will check destination and arrival flight temperature forecasts.
Cost of Shipping via the airline
- veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate Approx
- Cost of Travel Kennel (depends on the size of the crate)
- Airfreight is determined by the weight of the bird and the weight/size of the Crate (Larger/heavier and older cats can cost more)
SAME DAY DELIVERY IN USA & CANADA
International Customers contact us for a quote
If you decide to have a bird shipped to you, we will need the following information:
- Your full names on your I.D. for you will need to show this at the airport cargo desk when you pick up your bird.
- The full name of someone else who also has an I.D., as a “back up’ person for pickup so they can pick up your bird, if, in case of an emergency you are unable.
- Your physical address
- Phone numbers that you can easily be reached at.
- The name of the COUNTY that you live in
- The name of the airport that you prefer your bird to arrive at, and the name of an optional airport
- What bird you are interested in.
Safe and Comfortable Shipping process
Birds aren’t vases or art supplies, so when you hear that he or she can be shipped to you, your first reaction is probably shocking. Before you panic, get that picture of cardboard boxes and foam peanuts out of your mind! Shipping birds is usually quite safe and any airlines or trucking companies that take live animals have procedures in place to be sure they arrive in good health.
Airlines will either ship birds in the cargo compartment which sounds a bit callous and scary, but is actually fairly safe and comfortable for the birds, especially if there is no need for a layover or cargo transfer or the bird to be stowed under the passenger’s seat in lieu of carrying on luggage. This is probably the safest mode of air travel.
We always give all our birds vaccine prior to shipping to avoid the chances of other Bird or pets infecting them.